Saturday, 16 August 2014

Brighton Trip

Hello my lovelies,

So, as you can see I've had a little break from blogging, over two weeks in fact. There's no one particular reason, just lots of little reasons and things that took up all my time. But now, I'm back and I can't wait to jump back in and write lots of posts!

Two weeks ago myself and a couple of friends took a little trip down to Brighton to visit one of our friends who lives there now. We had a fantastic weekend watching the Pride parade and festival, wandering around the shops, drinking cocktails at the marina and visiting the beach.

Be warned; this will be a very photo heavy post!


Festival = bright colours and lots of flowers!


The Pride festival is an annual event to celebrate human diversity and highlight the importance of fighting for equality for everyone, not just in the UK but all across the world.


Collabro were one of the first acts to perform. I hadn't seen them on BGT, but they have wonderful voices so I really enjoyed their performance.



I was ridiculously excited when I saw Blue walk on stage. Singing along to "all Rise" and "One Love" reminded me of being 10 years old and going to school discos, and I do love a bit of nostalgia.


The fabulous Katy B also performed a few songs. Sorry the photos are so blurry, it's really hard to get a good photo when you're in a crowd of 60,000 people who are all dancing and jumping around.


No trip to Brighton would be complete without a visit to the magical world of ChoccyWoccy Doodah, the most amazing chocolate shop I have ever seen.



The most incredible cakes I have seen. A cake from here is definitely now on my future wishlist.




We were lucky to visit on beautiful, hot and sunny weekend; perfect beach weather!


The famous pier, full of arcades, bars and rides.




The most delicious tiramisu I have ever tasted (and I have tried a lot of tiramisu) from a cute little Italian restaurant called Pinocchio's.

 
The marina. This was a lovely area full of so many different bars and restaurants, which all had a great view of the sea and boats. We spent a few happy hours relaxing here trying the weirdest sounding cocktails on the menu.



The Royal Pavillion; an extravagant piece of Indian-inspired architecture built as a spectacular seaside retreat for the royal family over 200 years ago.

I had a fantastic weekend with my beautiful friends in what must be the friendliest city I have been too. I can't wait to visit again!

Have you been to Brighton? Any secret gems you'd recommend visiting?